My New Signature Cookie
During my poor college years, I started baking for my friends and family for the holiday season. It cost me somewhere around $3 per person and had homemade love baked right in. Ok, that made me a bit queasy.

Folks loved my baked goods and I've kept it up ever since. Each year I make a variety of cookies and breads, and each year that selection is different from the previous years. It allows me to sample various recipes without having an entire batch of cookies to eat between just the two of us that live here.

Each year I try to make a kid friendly cookie. Sure, most kids will eat just about any cookie, but I like to include something specifically for the kids so that the adults can have all the rest. I've done gingerbread men and iced sugar cookies, but last year I stumbled upon a recipe for M&M cookies - the ones just like the mall cookie places have. It is the first recipe that I have decided to include as a staple cookie during my holiday baking.

M&M Cookies
1 1/2 c brown sugar
1 c sugar
1 c margarine, softened
1 c shortening
2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
3 3/4 c flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 c M&M's

Mix first six ingredients together. Add remaining ingredients.

Cook at 350 degrees for 12-16 minutes.


These also make a wonderful Do It Yourself cookie jar gift. Just layer the dry ingredients and attach a card stating what needs to be added still and the directions for baking. But if you do that, you won't be able to sample any.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer