You Can Never Go Wrong With Potatoes. Or With Soup.
I don't make baked potato soup often enough. When I do make it, it's usually because I forgot to set out some meat to thaw or because I'm trying to use up the last of my cream or bacon before it goes bad. But every time I make it, we gobble it down like it's the best thing we've had in weeks.

Baked Potato Soup

6 slices bacon
6 medium potatos, diced (Russet, white, red - anything will do)
1 medium onion, chopped
2 c chicken stock
2 c cream
1 c cheddar cheese, grated
handful of green onions, chopped
salt and pepper

Fry bacon in a pot, not a pan. When done, remove from pot. Add potatoes and onion, cover, and cook over medium heat until potatoes are slightly browned and cooked through - approximately 15 minutes - stirring ocassionally.

Reduce heat to low and add chicken stock and cream. Before serving, stir in cheese, green onions, salt, pepper, and a crumbled bacon.


Mmm, soup season. I started making soups on a pretty regular basis last year once I realized that many of them are pretty fool-proof (as I was just getting into the cooking thing around that time). Also, beans are cheap and beans make an excellent base for a soup.

I plan to branch out a little with my soup makin' this year. Maybe get away from cream of broccoli, chicken noodle, and navy bean. I made this one shared by Becki last week and despite the wrinkled nose standing over the soup pot after I informed Rj that those were indeed carrots in the cheese soup, everyone enjoyed it. I've even been told that I can make it again.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer