Pork. The Easy Meat.
We're gonna try something a bit different here. I don't have a recipe to share today - well, not exactly. But I do have something to talk about, some ideas to share, and a picture of what I ate last night.

Pork tenderloins. They require minimal preparation and are absolutely delicious. I started buying these about a year ago and the first dozen or so times that I made one, I'd simply rub the outside with thyme and sage, sear in a frying pan with a little bit of olive oil, cover and toss in an oven set to 275 degrees. That's it.

But, like always, I started to get a little bored with fixing a cut of meat the same way every time. So I started to sample the flavored pork tenderloins that Hormel makes: Teriyaki, Honey Mustard, Barbeque. They were all pretty nasty. Then, a few weeks ago, I bought a pork rub and decided to sample it on a tenderloin. The seasoning had some Cuban flair to it and really added some flavor to the meat. And it definitely wasn't the same ol' 'Thyme and Sage' flavor.

Last night I seasoned a tenderloin with the 'Cuban' rub, wrapped it in bacon, and added a little pineapple juice to the pan after the searing step. About 40 minutes later, I had a delicious, tender and juicy main dish for my dinner. I paired it with a basic rice pilaf consisting of wild rice, onion, and chicken stock and steamed broccoli. I nearly always steam my broccoli because I don't want to loss or mask the flavor of that wonderful vegetable.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer