Time to Get Down to Business
Ok, so now that I've discovered that people are actually reading my blog, perhaps that'll give me the motivation I need to update regularly. And maybe if I tell myself that I only need to make three posts a week, then I won't feel so pressured to make a post every day - since that's the kind of pressure that results in me delaying my posts for THREE FREAKIN' WEEKS!

I've also decided that I'm going to branch out a bit on here - not every entry will be a recipe. It'll still be food related, but sometimes I may just point you in the direction of a great recipe whereas others will be me bitching about my ridiculously small kitchen.

And that brings us back to something I made in my very first post . . .

I don't have a microwave.

I am aware of how barbaric that sounds. I hear it every time my sister comes to visit me. To include this past weekend. Her boyfriend asked me if it was hard to do stuff without a microwave - and for the first time since the absence of a microwave, I actually gave that some thought.

It's no secret that leftovers taste much better when they're reheated in the oven or on the stovetop. Sure, it's a pain sometimes to wait 20-30 minutes for something to warm up, but it tastes so much better, so it's actually worth it.

But there are a couple of instances that it would be nice to have a microwave around (but not taking up any of my counterspace)(also, one of those little cart things that they make specifically for this type of situation will not do either: one word - toddler).

Melting butter. I recently discovered that the glass dessert bowls that we have are NOT oven-proof.

Defrosting meat. All to often I'm bitching about the meat that I removed from the freezer at lunch time not being thawed out completely by the time I'm ready to make dinner. I'm slack and cannot for the life of me write out and follow a meal plan, so I usually decide what we're having for dinner the same day.

But that's all. And those are good enough reasons to give up any of my counterspace. But I can assure you that when we move into a house, there will be a microwave in my kitchen. We'll probably still continue to live without television though.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer